Hi! I’m so glad you’re here. I’m Alden, an Alabama-bred girl living in Austin, Texas with my husband and two rescue dogs. I’m excited to share my ever-evolving journey towards greater health, a deeper relationship with God, and creating a welcoming & fun home.
After my relationship with God, my life centers around 10 key activities in no particular order – aside from the food-related, which obviously meet a primal need:
- Knitting & DIYing everything
- Cooking gluten-free, husband-friendly food
- Spending time (online, in person, or via phone) with family & friends
- Reading constantly
- Researching obsessively… All topics considered (especially tech-geekery)
- Saving moolah and maximizing our Dave Ramsey-style budget
- Acting as my husband’s PA & keeping the house in (some degree of) order
- Tending to our 2 dogs, Rosie & Ruger
- Writing, editing, & consulting as a freelancer
- Daydreaming, coloring, & sky-gazing
This blog will attempt to capture some of the more helpful tips, tricks and wife hacks I’ve picked up along the way, impart some hard-won wisdom from my obsessive research tendencies, and share my always gluten-free, mostly Whole30-friendly recipes. I’ll also toss in some reviews of books, places, & restaurants and maybe even curate my tales of adventure.
Thanks for visiting Alden’s Apron!
P.S. for more on why I’ve started blogging, read Confession Part 1 and Confession Part 2